Hi all! Please enjoy the November article from Kelly at Roots and Wings Preschool in Thousand Oaks. They get our large weekly CSA box and turn it into a learning and healthy adventure for their students. Thank you Kelly for these healthy ideas for young children!!
Some ideas for your youngest chefs this month:
- Corn on the cob with cinnamon butter
- carrot quesadilla (add shredded carrots to cheese mix)
- fresh carrot juice (in the juicer)
- glazed carrots (carrots + agave, bake at 400)
- shredded carrot, raisin, apple salad (an old-timer favorite!)
- pear – banana – strawberry kabobs
- pear bowl (cottage cheese w sliced pears on top)
Check out dozens more snack and meal ideas on the full menu.