Hi all! Please enjoy this monthly article from Kelly at Roots and Wings Preschool in Thousand Oaks. They get our large weekly CSA box and turn it into a learning and healthy adventure for their students. Thank you Kelly for these healthy ideas for young children!!
We will be cooking lots of yummy things at Roots & Wings Preschool with our Underwood September CSA boxes!
Some ideas for your youngest chefs this month:
- baked eggplant sticks (slice into slicks, bread and bake)
- eggplant confetti rice (brown rice, diced, grilled eggplant and red onion)
- homemade mango salsa
- tomato/mozzarella cubes on mini-skewers
- Whole wheat pasta w/ fresh tomatoes & parmesan cheese
- English muffin pizza (top an eng.muffin with tomato sauce, mozzarella and fresh tomato slice
- fresh grape juice (in the juicer)
- grape Pattern Kebabs(green, red & purple grapes)
Check out dozens more snack and meal ideas with Full menu at: http://www.rootsandwingspreschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/September-2014-Menu.pdf